Assembling Your Own Baby Shower Gift Baskets
Save money making your own gift baskets for your next baby shower. You will be amazed at how simple it really is!
- First you need to decide on a theme for your gift basket and purchase all necessary items for it. Attempt to find a basket that will be a good fit for all the items you have selected.
- Cut less cellophane for a basket without a handle than for a basket with a handle! Lay the cellophane down on a flat surface and place the basket in the middle.
- You can place a receiving blanket at the bottom as part of your decoration and let it flow over the outer front part and sides of the basket. Place all the items in the basket, usually the big items go in the middle, middle-sized items go on the outside and the small items go in between the large and middle-sized objects.
- Once you have completed adding your gift items, you can gather up the cellophane and secure with a twist tie, ribbon, or a colorful wire. You may opt to use a heating tool and “shrink” the cellophane before fastening it.
- Add your ribbons and bows.