Characteristics of a Formal Baby Shower Invitation
Think of the mood you are setting with Formal Baby Shower invitations. Your overall theme might be a Tea Party Baby Shower or a Brunch Baby Shower and formal invitations would be the way to go. Formal does not have to be expensive! You can make your own or order them online. There are even some online companies that will mail them out for you. Here is a sample formal baby shower invitation.
What Information to include on a Formal Invitation:
- Type of Shower – Luncheon
- Baby’s Gender
- Baby’s Name
- RSVP info
- Where the new mommy is registered
What Makes the Formal Baby Shower Invitation Different?
- Type of paper – for formal invitations, hosts and paper companies usually use high quality paper to print on
- Font type – the font should be easy to read and black
- Grammar – formal invitations or always grammatically correct and they have a definite purpose. For example, on formal baby shower invitations, you would extend your invitation with “To honor,” “In honor of,” “To celebrate,” “To congratulate,” etc. Examples of less formal invitation extensions would be “Cordially invites you to,” and “Invites you to join us,” etc.
- Size – formal invitations usually adapt the traditional invitation sizes of 4 x 6 or 4.75 x 7.25
- Language – always speak in third person
Learn How to Make Your Own Formal Baby Shower Invitation
Making your own invitations are simple! All you really need are card stock, Microsoft Word (or similar software), Paint (for drawings), a computer and a printer. When creating your own, remember that most invitations have only a few graphics and verses so there is no need to get carried away especially, for formal invitations. You can browse online for free baby shower clip art or use the ones I have created. There are also many, many baby shower poems and verses available for free online. Here are a few tips:
- You can design your own baby shower images with Paint software or you can easily create simple pictures/designs using the shapes and clip art available in Word.
- To get to Paint go to Start → All Programs → Accessories → Paint
- To get to the shapes in Word → Click on Insert → Shapes
View more comprehensive instructions on making a homeade baby shower invitation.