Creating Baby Sock Bouquets for Baby Shower Decorations and Gifts
You will need:
- Bucket or vase – Tip: match the color of the vase to the color of the baby socks
- Baby socks – Tip: use six pairs for a dozen “flowers”
- Artificial flowers – Tip: use soft colors
- Extra greenery
- Stuffed Animal – Tip: this is optional – you could insert the vase in the animals arms!
- Pipe Cleaner – you will need a pipe cleaner for each “rose”
- Floral tape
- Decide on whether you will use a bucket or a vase. Vases are more elegant and professional but buckets are more fun and are easily decorated.
- Now, lets go over how to make the socks appear like roses. We will go over how to make the first one and then you can do the others following the example. First, spread the sock flat out and lay it down.
- Pick up the toe end of the socks and roll it upwards as pictured below.
- Keep your thumb in the middle of the first loop you created, make another roll.
- The final step requires you to place your thumb and index finger of one hand in the opening of the sock while keeping the rose shape in place with the other hand. Roll the opening of the sock half way up the rose. See below.
- Place the pipe cleaner at the bottom and cover and secure with floral tape. Add all baby sock roses to vase or pail with artifical flowers and greenery!