Baby Shower Party Invitations: Make your own Cheap Invitations
When you are ready to send out your Baby Shower Party invitations there are several things you need to consider.
- Which type of invitation would fit with the theme and mesh well with the invited guests? For instance, is this a Workplace Baby Shower where there will be a lot of people the expecting mother knows via casual acquaintance or is this a Family Baby Shower with a few close friends, a Co-ed Baby Shower, or is this a Baby Shower Party with only the girls! In my opinion, all of these require a different type of invitation and may rely on different wording.
- You also need to consider how you will send the invitations. If this is a formal and/or elegant Baby Shower you probably would most definitely prefer to mail them out. However, if it is Workplace Shower, you can build your own and email them or post them on bulletin boards.
- If this is not a surprise Baby Shower, you may also want to consider what the expecting mother wants. She may have already picked out some Thank you cards and would like the invitations to match. Tip: You could buy the Baby Shower Thank You cards that match the invitations as a gift.
- You should definitely request that the guests RSVP! This will help you plan and budget the baby shower better. Know that when you request the guest to RSVP, they are to respond whether they plan to attend or not. If you only want those who will not attend to show up then you would imply that with “regrets only” on your baby shower invitations.
- Do you have time to make your own baby shower invitations? If you do this could save a lot of money and would have your personalized touch. You could easily add your own photographs and your on Baby shower Poems.
- Aside from making for certain that your invitations are cute, make for sure that you have all the important information displayed correctly on the invite! Wording and grammar may vary based on which type of invitation you use, but there a few pieces of information that should always be displayed!
- Expecting mother and/or father’s name
- Baby’s Gender -if it is unknown state this
- Location- you can easily print off a map to distribute with the invitations using mapquest.com for those guest who are unfamiliar with the area.
- Last Date to RSVP or to send “regrets”
- Host information – if your guests have any questions on gifts, locations, times, etc. make for sure they have someone to contact
- Theme – if you are tying everything together and you want the guest’s gifts to match your theme you should indicate this on the invitations. For example, if you are having a diaper party and want all the guest to bring in a package of pampers you would want to explain this! You can add in your invitation wording or as part of a baby shower poem.
- Gift Registry – If the expecting mother has taken the time to select which items she would like to receive as gifts then you should definitely note this on the invitation. It will also make your life easier as it will likely cut down on the number of guest that contact you for gift ideas. As a matter of fact, everyone wins because now the guests don’t have to stress over what to bring!
Office Baby Shower Invitations
Invitations for Office Baby Showers are almost always handmade and/or emailed. This is usually because everyone in a particular Department, and maybe even the Company, or invited. Here are some tips on wording and when and how to send them out.
Formal Baby Shower Invitations
When I think of Formal Baby Shower Invitations, I always think of a Baby Shower being thrown by the expectant mother’s mother! I know this is not always the case, but that is what my mother did to impress her friends that I didn’t even know In any event here are some examples of Formal Baby Shower Invitations.
Custom Baby Shower Invitations
Just because they are customized does not mean you can’t do them yourself! Check out these Custom made Baby Shower Invitation ideas.
Comtemporary Baby Shower Invitation
Traditional Baby Shower Invitations
Traditional is not always boring! In my opinion the “traditional” Baby Shower invitation wording is a lot like the Formal Baby Shower Invitations. These can be made with many of the popular software packages available, printed and distributed for fabulous inexpensive invitations.
Cute Baby Shower Invitations
If your Baby Shower theme is Winnie the Pooh, Lil’ Sport, Loony Tunes, etc. then you would definitely want to select an adorable invitation that also displayed your favorite cartoon characters. Here are some examples of cute invitations.
Homemade Baby Shower Invitations
Learn how to make your own invitations in Word!