A List of Handy Baby Shower Icebreakers
If you are having a shower where the guest are not well acquainted with each other you may want to take the time to break the ice. Here are a few helpful baby shower ice breakers to assist you.
Idea #1: Dirty Diaper
- Print out the dirty diaper game handout and follow its directions. You will need one for every person that is expected to attend the shower. Since there will be people coming in and out, it is not necessary to wait until everyone arrives – unless you have permission to do so. You can print them out on construction paper, or color them.
- In one of the diapers place or draw a brown substance that resembles a “Poopie Diaper.” I think peanut butter is the most likely choice!
- Hand them out as people arrive to the Shower but, tell them not to open them until you tell them to do so
- When you are ready, advise them that they can now open the diapers. The person with the “Poopie Diaper” wins the prize!
Idea #2: What is Momma Wearing?
- After everyone has seated, (or when you are ready if this will never happen), send the expectant mother out of the room.
- The person who can best describe what she was wearing wins
Idea #3: How well do you know your Old Wives Tales?
- After everyone is seated, you can welcome them and began this interesting icebreaker. Icebreakers are supposed to fun, engaging, and quick and since most people know a little about Old Wives Tales, this game should fit perfectly!
- Print out this handout or gather some tales you have heard of and see if the guests can correctly guess what the Old Wives Tale means.
Variation: you could also hand everyone a copy and the guest who got the most answers wins a prize!